The nursery’s catchment area includes families living in the Queen Edith’s catchment area, which can be found on the local authorities website.
Queen Edith Nursery follow the Cambridgeshire Admissions Policy for all Nursery aged children wishing to attend our setting. For the complete policy please click here.
We accept applications from children over 3 years of age for the Nursery. Parents are required to provide proof of their child’s date of birth and home address as part of their application.
For applications received for a child seeking admission in the term after their third birthday, where more applications are received than places are available, places will be allocated in accordance with the following over-subscription criteria:
- Children who have a statement of special educational needs or Education, Health and Care plan that names the school will be admitted (for fifteen hours only) before the over-subscription criteria are applied. Those children with a statement of special educational needs or Education, Health and Care Plan that does not name the school will be referred to Student Assessment to determine an appropriate place.
- Children in Care, also known as Looked After Children (LAC), and children who were looked after but ceased to be so by reason of adoption, a resident order or special guardianship order;
- Children with a high level of need who have been referred by a Social Worker, Health professional, Pre-School Specialist Support Teacher, Special Needs Officer or the Traveller Referral Team;
- Children with a sibling at Queen Edith School that live in our catchment area
- Children in our catchment area (in age order. Oldest first)
- Children with a sibling at Queen Edith School that do not live in our catchment area
- Children out of catchment area (in age order. Oldest first)
If the child does not get a place they will be put onto a waiting list using the above criteria NOT according to the date of application. When a place becomes available the next eligible family on our waiting list will be contacted to establish whether the vacancy will suit their needs.
Information and application forms are available from the school.
Letters to families, either offering or refusing places for their children will be sent out as follows:
Term applied for Letter will be issued no later than:
Spring Term 2020 End of November 2019
Summer Term 2020 End of February 2020
Autumn Term 2020 End of June 2020
The offer made by the Nursery will be for 15 funded hours. However we also offer the funded 30 hours with an eligibility code. For more information please contact Mrs Byford at the school office.
For the Queen Edith Nursery admission application form please see below.